Everyone is welcome! The Grace Food Cupboard is a community outreach where no one is turned away. Because this ministry is not linked with any state or federal food bank, it is not required to adhere to government regulations.
Food distributions are held weekly, from 2 to 4 pm every Wednesday. Signs will be posted to direct you where to park and which door to use to pick up your food. Each Wednesday, different items will be distributed:
• First Wednesday – Bread, Baked Goods and Free Items
• Second Wednesday – Bread, Baked Goods, Free Items and U-Pick Racks
• Third Wednesday – Bread, Baked Goods, Free Items and Personal Care items
• Fourth Wednesday – Pre-Packed Groceries, Bread, Baked Goods and Free Items
• The Food Cupboard is also open on Sundays at 11:30 am (immediately following worship)
How you may help this ministry:
1. Donate non-perishable foods. Current needs: canned fruit, tomato soup, chicken noodle soup, dry (boxed) pasta, spaghetti sauce. Please donate ONLY unopened food; not used clothing, furniture, rummage sale items, and so forth. Either drop off on Sunday mornings at worship (10:30 - 11:30 am), come by the church office during office hours (10 am – 1 pm Monday thru Friday), or call the office to make other arrangements.
2. Sign up to help in person. If you can volunteer, please sign up here: March Signup Help
3. Donate to our Food Cupboard via Venmo. Go to https://account.venmo.com/u/gracelutheranmacungie and put "Food Cupboard" in the "note" section.
Thank you to our regular volunteers: Thanks to Ken and Mary Schaeffer and Pat and John Smack for all they have done and continue to do to run this wonderful ministry. Thank you to all our wonderful regular volunteers and supporters as well - John Albright, Betsy Repash, Daniel Schaeffer, Zaela Escato, Heather and Jaxon Kramer, Nancy Rex, Alice Clark, Diane Schantz, and Shelly Stichter. And thanks to our generous food donors - Weis Emmaus, Willow Haven Farm New Tripoli, Holy Spirit Lutheran in Emmaus, Emmaus Scout Troop 25, and the Bread Ministry of Emmaus. What a great feeling to know we make a difference in people's lives.
History of this this ministry: The Grace Food Cupboard started in June 2020, when the Zionsville Food Pantry, because of the pandemic, needed a way to distribute those food donations that were not deemed necessary to meet the government requirements. They called Grace, and we moved crates of items like cake mixes, spices, tomatoes, potatoes, cooking oil, beans, pudding, drinks, snacks, odd vegetables, colored pasta, etc. to our chapel hallway. However, we soon realized that we needed more nutritious food for our clients. So we asked members and friends to donate canned meats and pasta meals, peanut butter, and other items so our clients could make better choices.
At that time, the Grace Food Cupboard evolved into a drive-up distribution on Tuesday and Friday of the last full week of the month, where anyone in the congregation or community could come and receive two pre-packed bags of groceries. The bags contain cereal, peanut butter, jelly, canned fruit, two cans of vegetables, a box of mac and cheese, pasta and sauce, two cans of beans, a meal helper, canned meat, a canned pasta meal, and snacks. Beginning in February of 2022, the distribution dates and times changed to the Wednesday schedule listed above. On these dates, guests may enter Fellowship Hall and choose their own additional items from the available selection.